Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, October 10, 2011

Be still...

I have so much on my mind these days!

First quarter is nearing an end! I can't believe it! In some ways it seems like it has taken forever but on the other hand I am 1/4 of the way finished with the year!

It has been quite the stressful year so far! My class is wonderful! I've been blessed yet again with a great group of kids! It has been quite challenging though. In 8 years, I've never felt this overwhelmed! We have a lot on our plate and our teachers are doing an amazing job keeping up with the tasks! I am so blessed to have such great coworkers! We all get along so well and help eachother! It's awesome! I think a lot of my stress level is the fact that I am taking 3 Master's classes this fall. I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for this! I keep telling myself it will all pay off. But there are days that I'm doubtful!! :)

There are times in our lives when I think we get so caught up in this thing we call LIFE! What is going on around us seems to affect our moods. We have a hard time seeing past the here and now. God has really been dealing with me over the past few months. I'm not quite sure what He is trying to teach me other than PATIENCE! I've never been a patient person. My mom told me from the time I was born I was impatient. If I was hungry, I wanted a bottle NOW! Apparently, I let her know just how unhappy I was until she got it in my mouth. As a kid, if there was something that I really wanted I couldn't just settle with, "maybe later" or "we will see." Oh, that drove me crazy! When I was at the "dating" stage in life I used to have very little patience with the guys I dated! I had expectations and if they didn't meet them then we had problems! How silly is that? I see that now!

I'm trying hard to understand God's way. I know He always knows what is best. He has proved that to me over and over again in my life! When things didn't work out the way I "thought" they should I got frustrated! Then, God would prove that he had my best interest always. I have faith and trust in Him! So, why is it so hard to be patient and wait? I remember praying for my husband-to-be. I had no idea who God intended me to marry. But, I had complete trust that there would come a time when he would reveal it to me. I was not very patient as I waited. I dated people that I had no business dating. All it did was create heartache on both ends! If only I could have just been patient! :)

Anyway, I said all that to say this...Once again, I find myself waiting! I find myself asking God, "Why?" Who are WE to question God? He is all-knowing! He has my best interest at heart! I remind myself of this verse--Jer 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope. I know my future is in His hands! No matter what my plans are---HIS are better! The other day I posted a quote, "People plan and God laughs!" His plans are greater than I can imagine!! Isaiah 55:8-9"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."

I can not imagine living this life without faith in Jesus! What a disappointing life it would be! Thank you, God for giving me hope when I feel hopeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment