Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blabber Mouth



I saw this on Pinterest and I thought it was hilarious! This is true with little ones. They don't have filters. They tell everything they know. This has happened so many times in my 10 years in education. Parents would die if they knew all that was told to us!

I've learned this from personal experience. Now that I have a child I realize that now it is going to be me that is "talked" about at daycare and school.

This summer has been quite different than all of the past 4 summers. Halle is very independant now and I can get so much done around the house. Last summer, I couldn't even leave the room without her yelling, "Mommy, where are you?" It drove me nuts. I blamed it on our house being so big but I think she just had seperation issues. So, this year I can tell she's really starting to grow up. However, with the growing up comes the "Telling Everything You Know to Daddy."

We used to be able to go eat lunch or go shopping and Daddy would never find out. It's not that I ever had anyting to hide...he can look up on our bank account info at any time and see where we go and what we do. He never freaks out about spending money. But, there are some things that you don't just offer up the minute he walks in from work.

UNTIL NOW...

As soon as Daddy walks in the door the first question he asks, "What did you guys do today?" Halle responds, "We went to eat at Ho Wah and then Mommy bought me a new pair of shoes." I cringe...Of course Daddy thinks Halle has too many shoes already. And why didn't we eat lunch at home where it is FREE? HaHa!! Or "We ate at El Tapatio with Grandma and Nina today." UGH!! Or better yet, I don't think he heard this one because he was in the shower...and I changed the subject with her very quickly. "Mom got this new little purse in the mail today. It's kind of like this..." AHEM! "Hey, Halle WE DON'T HAVE TO TELL EVERYTHING WE KNOW!!!" Seriously!!

I had this conversation with Jake the other day. He thinks it is hilarious, of course!! Me...not so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment