Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Woody Wilson is on the way!!!

At my 12 week ultrasound, the technician was scanning over all the parts and I was asking LOTS of questions. I decided to do the genetic testing and I kind of knew some of the questions to ask. My best friend had a child with anencephaly and my nephew has downs. A lot of people disagree with these series of tests. I guess I understand if your whole intent was to terminate the pregnancy but I just simply wanted to know. It didn't matter what the results said, I would carry the baby to term! My results came in today and everything was NEGATIVE...PraisetheLORD!!

So, at my 12 week scan I was pretty sure I saw something...as in a little boy part! So, I asked..."What exactly are we looking at?" She had two images on the screen. One arms and one legs. And there was definitely something between the legs! She said, "Don't go paint the nursery but I am pretty sure your husband is going to be happy!" I didn't want to tell anybody because I really wanted to do the big reveal. Jake thinks the reveal thing is stupid...but I thought it was fun!

I wasn't very good and the "secret" thing. People ask WAY too many questions! "What do you think you are having?" I'd immediately say "Boy"...Once I got it confirmed people would ask, "What does Jake think?" As if I am going to fall for that one! hehe...sure everyone knew that Daddy would love to have a boy! So, I tried to play it off. Not sure if anybody fell for it. It seemed like most everyone guessed boy. I had a few girl voters.

I was pretty sure that we were going to have another girl when I first found out we were expecting. Without going into details...Medically speaking...everything pointed to girl. I am still in awe of our wonderful God and His miraculous ways!! This past spring,I blogged about a particular day when we were told that God had showed a friend of ours a little boy playing in our living room. At the time, I didn't care at all if the whole boy thing was correct...I just wanted a baby so bad and I remember feeling so overwhelmed with peace. Now, looking back I shouldn't be shocked at all that we are expecting a boy. Afterall, our entire testimony is pretty unbelievable!!

So, for now we will refer to our little bundle of joy as Woody. Chosen by big sister, Halle! I believe Woody Wilson has a great ring to it!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment