Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, January 6, 2014

When fear sets in...


2014 looks to be one of the scariest years we will face thus far in our 7 years of marriage. Many of you know that we are on a time crunch to get our house sold. We are now down to 5 months. Whether it sells or not we will have to pack up and leave our home to find a place closer to Potosi. It is a possibility that we will have two house payments and the utilities that comes along with them come June. When I actually sit down and think about it, it literally makes me want to hyperventilate. This afternoon I was talking to Jake about another showing that we will be having this week. He started his statement with, "What I fear is..." That immediately put fear in me. So all afternoon I've been thinking of all these "Worst Case Scenarios." How are we going to make two house payments? Where are we going to live? I don't want to leave my house empty...and so on!

I heard Brantley waking up from his afternoon nap. I went in and got him out of his crib and while I was changing him I had this overwhelming peace come over me. I was reminded of this time not too long ago that fear gripped my entire being. A time that I completely and totally had to rely on God's strength to get me through each day, sometimes moment to moment. The most heartbreaking time that I can ever remember. That 16 months that we tried so hard to have another baby. So many times I couldn't see past the here and now. I couldn't see the end result. My mind was clouded with fear.

As I looked in the face of my most precious miracle baby...I was reminded that He has done the impossible for us before and that He most definitely has this situation in His hands as well. I am so thankful to be a child of God who meets our every need in His perfect timing. I am beyond thankful to have Brantley as a constant reminder of His miraculous work in our lives. If ever doubt begins to seep in, I just look at my baby and remember the day that I was so broken and he put all of the pieces back together.

When fear sets in these are the scriptures that remind me that I am not in this alone and God is in control!

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah: 41:10

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ. Philippians 4:6-7

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment