Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, July 10, 2014

The Fork

A fork in the road is a metaphor, based on a literal expression, for a deciding moment in life or history when a major choice of options is required.

I don't particularly like when I come to the "fork in the road" so to speak, in life. I specifically remember a time in my life that I came to this fork in my life. Jake had just asked me out for the first time. I had this feeling that if I started dating him we would probably end up getting married. I remember sitting in my house in Steelville actually talking to a friend on the phone about the "fork" in the road. I knew that if I made the decision to start dating Jake the possibility of dating anyone else was probably over.

I don't have those life defining moments too often. But, as I sit here today I am starting to feel it once again. So, what do you do when you come to the fork in the road? Pray about it? Seek God's direction?

Absolutely!!

I guess I am just afraid that I will miss the direction that God is trying to lead us. I am scared I won't "hear" his voice in this next step of life. I don't know why the life changing decisions have to be so hard. One of my friends texted me this week and said, "Why can't their be a Parenting Manual?" I wonder why there can't be a Life Manual. A book that tells you which financial decision to make or not make. What path to take...what job is best for your family & life. What career path you should take that will make you the happiest.

I am certain that if I continue to pray about it clarity will eventually come and the best manual is definitely The Bible. I get it, I get it! Why does life have to be so hard sometimes?

Jake and I were talking about our life yesterday and the silly decisions we have made in our 8 years together. The phrase "Live & Learn" comes to mind. We have a lot of living still to do and a WHOLE lot of learning.

Whatever comes in the next chapter in our life is sure to be a good one...I just have to keep reminding myself of this!! I am so thankful that on that day almost 10 years ago I made the decision to take the road of Jake Wilson. I can't imagine life any other way!! I am so glad that I have someone by my side that I wholeheartedly trust. He is incredibly smart and is full of wisdom beyond his 32 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment