Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Friday, March 25, 2011

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

"Actions speak louder than words"

This saying keeps coming to mind tonight and I feel the need to blog about it. In school, we teach our students Character Education. It starts in Kindergarten. I know at Central Elementary we do an outstanding job teaching these character ed words like: honesty, caring, respect, friendship, responsibility, giving, etc.

This week we had the vocabulary word "noble." My students didn't know what it meant but when I explained it to them they seemed to "get it." I'm not saying that ALL of my students apply these characteristics in everyday life but they are definitely learning life lessons that they are going to be able to take with them.

The choices we make in our everyday life are going to come with some sort of consequence. Whether it be something we buy on a credit card (hello, interest!) or forgetting to pay a bill (No water or electric...how did that happen?) or accidently posting something inappropriate to Facebook....there will be a consequence. It's time to own the choices that we make and stop making excuses!

Your actions, my friend, speak louder than your words! What you do (how you live your life) is going to speak more volume to a stranger on the street than a million words that you have to say.

So, I leave you with this...."What are your actions speaking?"

1 comment:

  1. Very good post....something for ALL of US to think about. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete