Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, November 28, 2011

This ones for the girls..

"Does this outfit make me look fat?"
"Is this too short?"
"Is this too tight?"
"Does my butt look big in this?"
"Which shoes should I wear?"

How many women have ever been guilty of asking any of these questions? I'd venture to say most of us. I'm very careful to ask these questions of my husband not for fear of what he might say, but because he has absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever! This is the reason my sister-in-law and mom are called when Christmas approaches!

Here very soon Halle is going to be left with Jake all by herself. I have a shopping trip planned with the girls and I have a conference at the lake next week. So I was wondering, "What is she going to look like while I'm gone?" I have to admit I'm a little nervous. After all, I am the one that picks out clothes each day and fixes hair. So, the thought of Halle and Daddy all alone reminded me of the times I was left alone with my dad. It was always a great time because we never heard,"Empty the stairs! or Empty the dishwasher!" We just had fun!! I'm sure the house was a disaster much like mine will be when I return. But, I especially remember when dad fixed my hair. My ponytail was low and loose! Ugh! I hated low-loose ponytails!! Lol

As I grew up, I always depended on mom to tell me what looked good before I went out. I would ask these questions that we all have asked. I trusted her opinion! But, when mom wasn't there I had to settle for dad's opinion.

This was his answer every time..."Well, if you have to ask, it probably is." What great advice! So, now if I'm feeling fat in an outfit or if I wonder if something is too tight, I always remember what dad said and....I change!! Thanks, Dad!! ;)


My dad may kill me for this but it's crazy how much Halle looks like me!!;)


No comments:

Post a Comment