Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Whom shall I fear?

We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone

After I became a parent, I often found myself panicking over silly things. For example, what if something happened to Jake? I also worried about going on trips with just the two of us because what if, God forbid, something happened to both of us? When Jake goes on long trips I have found myself in fear. The last few times I even told him..."Please be careful...because I don't want to lose you and Halle needs her Daddy." He just laughs and rolls his eyes. But then when he doesn't call when he is supposed to or if I haven't heard from him...I start wondering what it must feel like to get a knock at the door...or a phone call to tell me there has been an accident. I know I must sound like a lunatic.

But, tonight as I was preparing to be gone to a conference for a couple of days this spirit of fear came over me again. As I was getting things cleaned up and packed I went to the basement where all the presents were and I started making piles. I came upstairs and I told Jake that I had this fear again and that if something happened to me to please call Amber and have her tell him who gets what present! He laughed it off and said, "I'm sure I can manage.". Whew! That makes me feel better! Lol.

Anyway, like I said I'm sure I sound like a crazy psycho who plans out her alive and well husband's funeral all because he is a few a minutes late calling from time to time...but the thing is, I know I have absolutely nothing to fear.

Psalm 4:8: In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

I am refusing to allow this fear to creep in any more...Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

So tonight, I pray for that peace in my heart that only He can give.

Lord, calm my fears and keep us safe. Thank you for your word! It gives me the reassurance that I need! In Jesus name, Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment