Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, December 12, 2011

Seek and you shall find

Matthew 7:7-11
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

It's funny how God speaks to us? So many baby Christians don't understand when we say, "God told me this..." or "God pressed upon my heart." I'll be honest I never fully grasped what people were talking about until it happened to me for the first time. No, it wasn't some audible voice fom heaven saying, "Thus saith the LORD," It was more like this overwhelming feeling of peace that came over me. That's how I knew it was God. Once you recognize His voice and you start really seeking it...it's a little bit easier to decipher.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm looking for something and I can't find it. For example, I am missing my really cute NorthFace sock cap that I got for Christmas last year. I have turned this house upside down searching for it. It's aggravating! I finally gave up! Hopefully it will show up soon.

And tonight, I was searching for my camera charger. I searched for at least an hour... Looking everywhere! I have to charge my camera for all of the upcoming festivities, you know? Grrrr....I was so mad! Finally, I looked one more time in a drawer that I promise I looked in 3 times...and low and behold there it was! I was so happy!

This little search made me think of the verse "seek and ye shall find"...I opened up my Bible and my bookmark was marking Matthew 7:7-11. It was very fitting for tonight and in my life in general! He hears our prayers. He is all-knowing...he knows our heart! He also knows exactly what is best for us!

I often find myself looking at the sky. I like to look towards heaven and imagine what it must be like there. Halle and I talk about Heaven a lot. Afterall, Heaven is for real! :) We talk about Grandma Jean and Grandma Wilson. She told Jake tonight that God and Jesus live in heaven together and they have a dog named Gunnar! I love listening to her talk about heaven because she has such faith. Faith like a child. As Halle and I were driving home today I was thinking about our future and wondering what God has in store for our family. I looked up and there was this rainbow in the shape of a circle. I've never seen anything like it. God's promises are real and I am absolutely sure that His promises will be fulfilled in our lives!

Romans 15:4 Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God's promises to be fulfilled.

I will continue to wait and hold on to His promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment