Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Unanswered Prayer

I am currently reading Waiting for Morning by Karen Kingsbury. It is an extremely sad story about a women who had it all. The perfect life until one day her husband and daughter were killed by a drunk driver. She harbors this anger for this man who is responsible for her beloved family's death. It is just awful, I must say. But now, I have to finish to see how the story ends! What I've gathered so far is that she must learn to forgive this man who turned her life upside down!

Forgiveness...
It sounds so simple but why is it hard for us to forgive and let go?

We've all been done wrong in life. People in our lives have wreaked havoc and they go on about their lives like everything is perfect. I'd say most of us have dealt with some hurt by someone we've cared at least one time or another in our lives. I guess that is life. I believe how we deal with these situations define our character.

Recently, I was told some things about a person of my past. A feeling of betrayal came over me. I felt as if everything was all based on a lie. I was confused and angry. I didn't understand how someone could be such a manipulator and liar! I remember spending many nights praying that God would just see things my way. I thought if He would just answer this prayer that my life would be perfect. I am forever grateful for God's hand on my life! My momma prayed from the time I was born for God's perfect plan in my life. As silly as it may sound, she even prayed for the perfect husband as she rocked me to sleep! I thank God everyday for such a devoted mother who loves Jesus and her children (and now grandchildren) more than anything!

I only stayed mad for a few minutes. I know I must find forgiveness in my heart and honestly I'm pretty sure that I am already there. I'm so glad that as Christians, we are able to put the past in the past and move forward. It's not always an easy task. Prayerfully, we will all be able to get there someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment