Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mission Impossible

First of all, I have to say that I love my husband dearly. There is a reason God brought us together. I'm almost certain it was so that I could ALWAYS find laughter in my life...even in the darkest hour! LOL Because "ALL that I'm after is a life full of laughter...blah, blah, blah!

Last night, Halle came into our bedroom around 1:30 a.m. Jake put her in between us and we all fell fast asleep. An hour later Jake came over to my side of the bed and told me he "thought" someone was in our house. Naturally, I panic as any girl would. My heart started frantically beating uncontrollably. I asked him if he had his gun. Afterall we sleep with it right by our heads. Keep in mind this isn't just any gun this is a shotgun!! So we quietly walked out of our room and walked down the extremely long hallway. As we came to each room we flipped on the lights as he pointed his gun into the EMPTY room. I am sure you are envisioning those CSI shows or cop movies where they have their backs against the wall...Yep, it was exactly like that. Only he in his boxers and me in my T-Shirt...LOL!! We made it to the living room when all of a sudden we heard a door slam shut. He pointed his gun at the front door where he thought he heard the door slam shut. We have a bathroom right by the front door. He whispered, "Go get the phone." So I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the phone. I came back and he said, "Call 911!" In my mind I'm thinking "Is he serious? OMG, what do I say when I get an operator on the phone" "Um, I think we have an intruder in our house?" "What if there is not an intruder and the cops come to our house? We would look like total idiots." So, I said outloud, "Are you serious?" He said, "Well, someone just heard me cock my gun...and I'm sure about now they have pee running down both legs...if they step out they are going to have a hole blown through them." I decided not to call. If you know my husband at all..he tends to be a little dramatic...ok, ok, A LOT dramatic!! He got brave somewhere in between me calling 911 and him cocking his gun and he walked toward the front door. He flipped on the bathroom light...nobody there...he went to the dining room...nobody there. We went back through the kitchen...nobody there...through to the mud room...nobody there...I think you get the idea. NOBODY THERE!! LOL!!

I know it certainly would not be funny had there been someone in our house. Better safe than sorry, they say...But, I couldn't help but wake up with a smile on my face!! That boy keeps me smiling!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment