Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, August 12, 2010

That's All Folks...

It is so hard to believe this summer is over. Eventhough it hasn't been the best summer I've ever had...it has been a memorable one!! I know one day I'll say, "Remember that summer I didn't have a car?" I've always heard that "One day you'll look back and laugh at this." I'm thinking it will never be funny to me.

Halle and I have had a great time together. Somedays I wondered how a two year old could be so difficult...you just can't reason with a two year old. It's funny how one minute kids drive you insane and then the very next minute they can be so sweet and you remember you weren't completely nuts when you decided to have children.

We accomplished quite a bit this summer without a vehicle. We ventured to the Zoo and Six Flags (first time for Halle), we also went to the Water Park (which Halle LOVED!! That kid has no fear of water or HUGE slides) We went shopping several times and swam at "Nina's" house...a LOT!! I guess when I type it all down it doesn't seem like we accomplished much in 3 months...but "Hey, what would you do without a car?"

Next week is going to be very different for us. We will be getting back into a routine. Which I can't wait for!! But with routine that means spending less time with my baby and at home, early bedtime and early wake ups!! An extra $260 a month in daycare...UGH!! (If they consider her potty trained) I think they will! ;)

I always look forward to a new school year. I've been working in my room for a few weeks now. I always think I'm done and then I think of other things to do. Or I discover that my two year old colored all over my bulletin board. It never seems to get done...but I told a few people yesterday if they see me in there before Monday, "Shoot me!" I am as "done" as I can be!

So my plan for the next four days is to focus on Halle and get my house in order before the craziness begins!! Four more days, teachers!! Make the most of it!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it is time for school to start again! I am going to miss getting together through the day. :( We are going to have to start doing a girls night out once a month!

    ReplyDelete