Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

To Whom it May Concern:

To Whom it May Concern:

I am writing this letter to inform you of my dissatisfaction with my 2003 Lincoln Aviator. My vehicle was brought in to be serviced on May 26, 2010. It is now August 10, 2010 and I am still without a vehicle. 75 days and counting. I have now made three car payments and have not had this car in my possession. I am an elementary school teacher who looks forward to a summer vacation of traveling and relaxing. Unfortunately, this summer has been far from enjoyable. It has been a time of emotional stress as I’ve been without my vehicle for the entire summer break. I will return to school in less than one week. I guarantee the Ford company in my area will be tremendously affected by my dissatisfaction as everyone in my community knows what I have been through.

I come from a family who have always purchased Ford products. My husband and I have owned several Fords and honestly after this experience I’m not sure I will ever own a Ford product again. I have taken my vehicle now to four different mechanics. The first mechanic we took our Aviator to was Sam Scism Ford in Farmington, MO where it sat for 8 weeks straight.
We were told the problem required 9 hours of labor. There were issues with two coil packs, a burned valve, oil seals, a cam sensor, and timing gears. Our brake pedal sensor had to be replaced as well as our back latch. We also had to replace the Catalytic Converter. All of these things had to be replaced on a vehicle that only has 68,800 miles on it. We have now paid hundreds of dollars out of our pocket and my vehicle is still sitting in the service department.

After Scism said our vehicle was fixed we drove it for approximately 30 miles and the check engine light came back on. It ran worse than when we brought it to them. They told us the issue was with the Catalytic Converter so we took it to S&S Muffler and had that repaired. After about another 30 miles the check engine light came back on. This time the vehicle missed as you accelerated. We took it to an independent mechanic and we were advised to take it to a different Ford mechanic (Not Scism) as the issues were too serious for them to touch. We reluctantly drove our vehicle 45 miles away to the next closest Ford dealership, Festus Ford, where it now resides. On August 5, they called us and said they thought they had the issues resolved. They told us that the coil packs that Scism replaced was part of the problem as well as melted wiring. They informed us that it is was a “wiring mess.” I made it home and the check engine light came right back on. I drove it back up on August 6 to have them look at it again. They replaced parts that we already paid Sam Scism for. We have now paid over 1,200 out of our pocket, not counting what our warranty company has paid out. On August 9, Festus Ford called us back again and said our vehicle was ready to go. This time we were smart and decided to drive it around close to the dealer so that when the check engine light came back on we could take it right back in. As you can see we have little faith in Ford. Sure enough within 10 miles it was back on. It is so hard for me to believe that all of these things could be issues (and I'm certain more to come) with only 68,800 miles. I truly believe this is a Lincoln issue. I believe we were sold a lemon. Unfortunately, we were not the first owner of this vehicle or I'm sure we would qualify under the Lemon Law. We had planned on trading this vehicle in on a new Ford Edge. However, after this incident we may never buy a Ford product again.

To this date, Festus Ford has not figured out what the issue is. It is frightening to my husband and I what they may call and tell us the “real” problem is. We have no idea what is in store for us financially with this vehicle. All we have done this summer is put money into it and it still isn't running properly. As you can see we are beyond frustrated. I'm completely stressed out. This is our primary vehicle. I've had to borrow my father's primary vehicle most of this time. This has not only affected me directly but also my entire family.

My point in writing this letter is to try to get this issue resolved in one way or another. I believe I have a great case with all of the documentation I have. I have always loved Ford products. Up until this emotionally, stressful ordeal I’ve believed in Ford products. I am begging that someone change my mind about Ford. I want to be a longtime customer. In this industry, I think it is vital to keep customers satisfied, as the market is extremely competitive. Unfortunately, if something is not done, I will never purchase another Ford product again and my attorney will be contacted. I do not want to take it that far.

Thank you so much for your time.


Sincerely,

Krista Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment