Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

From the abundance of the heart...

My 10 year class reunion is quickly approaching. I've been planning, along with five of my classmates, since May. We've been trying our best to make it as nice as possible since we missed our 5 year reunion. We've learned through the process that we can't make everybody happy. No matter what...we will charge too much, have terrible food and the music will be awful. But, I think we all have thick enough skin to not take anything personal. After all, it's not about what kind of food we have, it's about having the opportunity to see each other again. Our ultimate goal is for everyone to have a good time!!

With that being said...today I ran into a former classmate. Since I hadn't received his RSVP, I asked him if he would be coming to the reunion. The response I got was something like this, "Uh, no probably not. I've, uh, got plans that weekend." And my response..."Oh, OK...loser!" (with a smile, of course) I shocked myself with that response! Where did that come from? It just sort of flowed out of my mouth without a second thought!

And then I was reminded of the scripture...Luke 6:45-...For out of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaks.

You see...even though it has been 10 years...and time heals a lot of wounds...I will still never forget him for the cheater he was. He hurt my best friend in high school...actually two of my really close friends. And although I don't dwell on it...and honestly haven't thought about it since...I guess deep down I still really don't care for the guy. I know, I know...Forgiveness... That's the Christian thing to do. I don't have hard feelings anymore...it's just I couldn't believe I said that. And to top it off with an expression like "Loser." LOL...Who says that anyway?

Well, I hope that everyone is planning on coming to the reunion! We are up to about 60 people. It's going to be a great time! It will be fun to see everyone and reminisce about the "Good Ole' Days" I can't wait!! :) See ya'll there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment