Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, June 6, 2011

Such Bravery...and it scares me to death

I've always known that Halle is fearless when it comes to the water. It started last summer, she had just turned 2. She was very brave and would get in the water with just her arm floaties. I always stayed nearby because I was a nervous wreck.

Now, this summer she does great with just the arm floaties on. I feel comfortable enough to just sit outside the pool and watch. But, yesterday she decided she wanted to take them off and "try" swimming. She really wanted to go to the bottom and get the dive sticks because that is what the big kids were doing. We told her that she had to learn to swim before she could go to the bottom. So, I took her floaties off and Amber and I would stand about 3 feet away and she would go back and forth between us. It wasn't pretty but she held her breath and would kick and move her arms. I was pretty impressed.

Anyway, so I stood her on the steps and was just talking. Three adults were in the pool and two were right outside. All of a sudden I look down and it is Halle grabbing me from under the water. I about had a heart attack. She just took off on her own and didn't tell anybody that she was swimming to us. It really scared her too! She wanted to get out and go tell "Nina" that mommy didn't catch her.

Needless to say, I have to watch this child like a hawk. She is NOT scared of anything. If you all are on my facebook you probably saw her holding the cicadas. I don't know where she gets her bravery but is scares me to death. I just pray that God protects her and watches over her when I'm not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment