Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, June 2, 2011

"What's for dinner?"

"What's for dinner?" I don't know about you other women out there. But, this question literally makes me want to scream! I'm serious!! I don't have good dinner ideas. Amber, my sister-in-law, ALWAYS has good ideas. She is the type that plans her menu a week in advance. She goes grocery shopping for all of her items and each day she has a meal cooked for her family. This is the type of person my husband should have married!! LOL!!

Now that I am a "stay at home" mom...I feel that I need to do a better job with this whole food thing. We have both been trying to eat healthy. Coming up with food ideas was hard enough before...now when you throw in the "health" thing it makes it that much harder!

UGH! I don't know what the solution is. But, I hate the fact that I dread 4:00 everyday because I know my phone is going to ring and when I answer, the voice asks, "What's for dinner?"

SHOOT ME NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. When you figure out "What's for dinner?" please let me know. I also struggle with that same question daily. I am a working mommy with 5 kids. The kids are active in sports, so finding time to get a dinner fixed is a chore. So, What's for Dinner? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the same problem - only I cook for one. It's easier to decide when you don't have to consider anyone else! I got sick of dealing with it, so I ventured out and got a few cookbooks. I recommend "Clean Food" by Terri Walters because it's arranged by what is available by season. On Sunday, I plan out my meals for the week and go shopping. Then I prep all the veggies in advance so I don't have to deal with it the day of. It takes a few hours of my Sunday but saves me a lot of time throughout the week!
    Then of course, I keep a few staple items in case what I planned ends up sounding like a terrible idea the day of. :p
    Hope that helps. You should give it a try! I promise it will simplify your life and save you the headache throughout the week - Hubby says, "What's for dinner!?" and you'll have an answer!

    ReplyDelete