Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicago, Here we come!!

Last year at this time Jake and I had just sold our house and we were homeless. We had land to build a house on but we were not quite ready for the commitment it would take to go through the process of building. After all he wanted to do most of the work himself and his job just does not allow that kind of time. So, in transition, we moved in with my parents. We had an 18 month old and two dogs to add to their three dogs! It was INSANE!! But, we made it work for a couple of months while we found a "transition" house.

Needless to say we didn't get to do anything special for our 3 year anniversary. We were kind of bummed. We went to dinner while my mom watched Halle. On our way home we had a conversation about how we would never let another anniversary go by without doing something "special." Jake's idea was to go to a new city each year. I liked that idea! I love to travel and in our 4 years of marriage we haven't had many opportunities. We went on a honeymoon, of course and the next summer we spent a week in the Smoky Mountains. But, that is about it.

I said all of that to say...I'm pretty excited about our first city of choice!! CHICAGO!! I've heard so many great things about the city. I'm just praying that the rain is scattered and not a constant downpour!! On the agenda is Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Skydeck Chicago, Navy Pier and SHOPPING, SHOPPING, and more SHOPPING (Jake is going to be thrilled!!) I've also heard that The Museum of Science and Industry is pretty cool. I'm just hoping to get to most of the attractions in one weekend!!

We have only left Halle two times overnight that I can remember. The first time she was 6 months old and we went to Branson for the weekend. The other time she was about a year old and we went to St. Louis overnight. We don't leave her ever....other than daycare during the day....she is with us ALWAYS. Honestly, I could probably count on two hands the times we've left her with a sitter. It just doesn't happen.

So, I am a little bit nervous!! I start thinking crazy thoughts like, "What if something would happen to us?" If we got in a wreck and she wouldn't have her parents? I know it is silly. But, I worry!! Say a prayer for safe travel. We are driving...which is crazy, I know! But, we really didn't have any other choice.

Hopefully we will come back still married!! :-) And with lots and lots of memories!!


Happy 4th Anniversary, Jake!! I love you!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, just think... If you get in a wreck, be glad Halle wasn't with you! :) And the drive is not bad at all. We actually enjoyed the tip up there with 2 kids! We didn't do much city driving either and I think you'll find that you won't either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!! I am jealous. I wish Jacob and I were going somewhere fun for our anniversary this year. But maybe next year. :) Take lots of pictures so I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete