Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kids:-)

I know parents always think their kid is the smartest kid alive. They also love to talk about them and go on and on about the funny things they do or say.

I'm no different, I guess! I'm just happy I have a place that I can "write" about it. If for no other reason to be able to look back and remember.

Bare with me!! Ha ha!!

The other day we were all at the dinner table. Halle was acting like a "normal" two year old (jabbing her fork into the table...making dents in the table and laughing). Ok, maybe that isn't normal for a two year old...but my two year old is quite the stinker!! Jake was sitting next to her and told her to stop several times. Finally he resulted to, "If you don't stop you are going to get a spankin." She didn't stop so he had to "swat" her... She got this shock look on her face and said, "Kwista, he hit me!" I was almost certain I didn't hear her right so I said, "What, Halle?" and she responded, "KWISTA, HE HIT ME!" I had to turn away to keep from laughing.

Halle is a HUGE Daddy's girl. He tends to spoil her a bit and she knows she usually gets her way with him. They like to play these games when she gets in trouble by me he asks her if she wants Daddy to spank Mommy and she always laughs and says, "Yes!" Ha ha, right? So, the other day he disciplined her and she came running to me. "Daddy, spanked me!" I thought I would be clever so I asked her if she wanted me to spank Daddy. And she said, "NO, I wuv him!"

Ugh!! :-) I can't win!!

Usually bath time is a time for learning in my house! Well, when I give baths it is. I use bath tub markers and draw shapes and ask her what shape it is. Or I might write letters and ask her what letter it is. She is pretty good with the shapes..but we are still working on letters. So, this morning I wrote the letter "B" on the side of the tub. (I knew she had been learning this letter at daycare.) I said what letter is this, Halle? She said, /b/ like ball! WOW!! I had no idea she knew the sound of the letter...so I tried "A" and she said /a/ like apple. Hmmmm!!! I am impressed!!

So, not only does my kid have a sense of humor but she is SMART!! LOL!!

God is so good!! He has blessed me with so much more than I deserve!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krista,
    I came across your blog while doing a search about a condition like what Ella had. A friend of mine is pregnant and her baby has that. While reading some of your blogs, I got to thinking about what you said about spanking (this particular blog). I wanted to let you know there is a great book called The Discipline Book by Dr. Sears. It's a Christian based guide to discipline, which means to teach, without spanking! This book has given me great insight on how to discipline and help my kids learn right from wrong without having to spank them. Anyway, I can see you are a Christian as well, and a loving mommy, so I thought maybe I'd just tell you about this! Congrats on your pregnancy. I hope all goes very well for you and your beautiful family. Lord Bless You!

    ReplyDelete