Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's not fair...(but thats life, I guess)

I'm being a big ole' baby...


It was great visiting my parents tonight. We always have the best conversations. But, tonight they got me a little fired up. I was talking (ok-complaining...lol) about having to spend my Anniversary at school...7:40 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for Parent/Teacher conferences. They informed me that they also have to have P/T conferences...from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. They tried telling me its the same....ha ha! Seriously? Elementary teachers are putting in WAY more hours than those stinkin' High School/Middle School teachers. :-) How is that fair?

Ok, Ok...I KNOW!! "Life isn't fair!" GRRR...it is just frustrating that is all!! And my Dads solution, "Just move up to Middle School!"

"Uh, No Thanks, DAD!"

"I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my 2nd Graders."

...WOW!! That's just all I have to say!!

On a different note...I have been a little frustrated with my water bill. We are on Pilot Knob Rural Water. The last two months my bill was exactly $63.33 (FOR WATER! NO TRASH OR SEWER) So, after paying 4 years of water bills I've NEVER had the same exact bill to the penny. I decided to call because I was sure they didn't read the meter one month and just gave me an estimated bill. Low and behold he told me the "Meter Reader" didn't make it to read a month...that explains it. But, he still tried to convince me it was accurate...Whatever!

So, I asked him if he could give me a print out of my usage so I could see if there was a spike in usage one day or another. He said, "No, we don't have anything like that.' I asked him if he could look up and see what kind of bill I could expect for the month of September usage. I explained that my water bill should be much cheaper now that I'm not home all day. He flipped through a book (Yes, a BOOK! No computer...I could hear pages turning) and said, "Well, it looks like here you used 10,000 gallons last month. And you can expect a $92 bill. WHAT?!? (EYES POPPING OUT OF MY HEAD!)

Naturally, you might think there was a leak. So far this is what I found. The meter is not spinning at all when the water is shut off. I did find a leaky toilet and a faucet dripping. But, 10,000 gallons of water? Wow!! So, I've found myself obsessed with checking my water meter. My husband made the mistake of showing me where to check the numbers. So, I've found myself running out there after every load of laundry, car wash and shower...he he. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm hiding something valuable in that hole...or they think I've lost my mind. LOL!! It is just beyond frustrating!! It seems we are on average now about 1100 gallons a week. Maybe that is a little on the high side...but that is no where near 10,000 gallons in a month.

So, as I pay a really cheap electric bill to Ameren, I'm going to choke out a check made payable to Pilot Knob Water for a whoopin' $92! FOR WATER!! UGH!! I miss my City of PH!! :)

I'm so so glad tomorrow is Friday! Morning duty+TESTING=One Tired Teacher!!

I am ready for a wonderful Friday and relaxing weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment