Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Best of Both Worlds

I have the best of both worlds! I get to do what I love to do...and know that I am called to do it...TEACHING! I also get to spend 3 1/2 months out of the year doing something else I love...being a stay at home mom. I love both of my worlds and I wouldn't change it for anything!!

I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to do both of my jobs. I feel that I do them both very well. Is it stressful to work outside of the home and maintain a happy & healthy family? Absolutely! Sometimes it is overwhelming. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. The positive impact that I can make in a child's life far outweighs any stress that could come my way throughout the school year.

I admire both sides of the fence. The "stay at home" Moms have a tough job! Being the constant caregiver is difficult. There are never any breaks...especially if there are several children involved. The "working" mom also has a difficult job. They have to go out of their home to help make a living for their family. Time with children is limited to evenings. It isn't ideal but they do what they have to for their family!

I've said all of that to say this, "I am happy that I get to jump the fence!"

It creates a very good balance for me!!

1 comment: