Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bittersweet Birthday


Today is my beautiful daughter's 4th birthday! I can't believe it has already been 4 years. She has made me so happy! Each day she makes me laugh with her wonderful sense of humor! I honestly can't imagine my life without my Bug!

In all honesty, this morning was a little emotional. I had imagined celebrating her 4th birthday either big, huge and pregnant or with a newborn baby in tow. I now know that wasn't God's plan and I have accepted it. Eventhough I'm a little sad, I know His plan is far greater than I can imgaine...His word tells me so!! :)

I've been redecorating Halle's bedroom. When I decided on her nursery bedding 4 years ago. I decided that I wanted to go with something nontraditional. I didn't want the pastel pinks and purples. I went with a really cute set with red and black. Dragonflies and butterflies...

We transitioned from crib to toddler bed two years ago. The toddler bed didn't last long and we went right into the full size bed. I kept the same color scheme and we still decorated with some of her nursery things.

For months Halle has been begging me to redecorate her room. She really wanted her walls to be pink. "Like a princess.." So, for her birthday we got her new bedding and I just painted her walls a pretty pink. This meant that the last of her nursery was packed up and put away. I couldn't help being a little sad when I put her crib comforter and curtain valances in a trashbag and walked them to the basement. That was the last of the baby phase.

My baby girl is getting to be so big. My life would not be complete without my girl! My friend, Annie found out a couple of weeks ago that she is expecting a girl. She is scared to death. I keep telling her that it is the best thing ever and there is nothing to be scared of! Once she lays eyes on that sweet baby girl...she won't be able to imgaine life any other way. I know that I have a best friend for life. Of course there will be times that she won't be able to stand me and she will think I am the worst Mom in the universe. But, I know that will only last for a season! WE will forever be shopping buddies!! I taught her an important lesson this week. I was cleaning out my closet and she said, "Mom, you have too many shoes!" I said, "Did Daddy tell you to say that?" She said, "No, but why do you have so many shoes?" I responded the way every girl should, "A girl can NEVER have too many shoes! Remember that honey!"

Happy 4th Birthday, Halle! Momma loves you more than life itself!!

MY GIRLIE GIRL! :)


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet lil one!! Enjoy your day with her!

    ReplyDelete