Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, May 28, 2012

God's Promises

I will not be sharing this with the Facebook world. However, I don't want to miss the opportunity to blog what just happened to us recently. If you happen to stumble upon this--then it was absolutely meant for you to see. Maybe your faith has been tested recently.

Just as mine has.

My husband and I have been TTC for 1 year. We finally hit our 1 year mark this month. It has been a complete life changer for me. Around the 6 month mark I found myself really becoming angry. I kept questioning God. Why are you allowing all of these people around me get pregnant? Everyone except me? Girls who are unmarried and unable to support babies on their own? Girls who kill babies...girls who don't love their babies as I know can?

Why? Why? Why, God?

I know I've went through different stages throughout the year. I started the year really feeling positive. "Awh...well, maybe next month?" or "It will happen on my birthday. Yeah, God wants to give me a birthday present I will never forget." or "Maybe Christmas morning?" "I know Mother's Day!" This went on for months. Each day being as positive as the last. Until finally I just fell before the Lord and just laid it all out. I had a complete meltdown in January. That is when God began working His beautiful work in me.

I now have complete peace about His plan. When I say complete peace...that is exactly what I mean. Nobody understands why I just don't push my hubby to go to the doctor...or why I just don't jump at the fertility options. I have grown in my faith so much since January...that I just don't see the need to go any further than the feet of my Savior! He did it ALL already. Why would I seek anyone other than Him. Babies are a gift from God. He is the one that gives each and every one of us everything!

About a month ago, Jake's friend, Josh, from Washington State came to stay with us for 12 days. Josh's dad came over to visit one Sunday afternoon. Jake and I were working in the yard and Halle stayed inside playing with Josh and his wife. They came outside and were getting ready to leave for church and Josh's dad (who is an extremist and has a prayer life like nobody we have EVER met) walked up to Jake and said, "Do you want a baby boy?" Jake said, "Huh?" He said, "Do you want a baby boy?" Jake said, "Well yeah?" He said, "Good because God just showed me, while I was watching Halle play in the living room that He is going to bless you with a baby boy." We were absolutely blown away. This man who doesn't know our situation at all. Who had no idea that my heart has literally ached for a baby for an entire year just told us what God had showed him. I was amazed!

Later the same day this was revealed to us, my sister-in-law told me they were going to have vasectomy reversal so they could have another baby. I know that God is an "on-time" God...but WOW! I believe that He wanted to make sure that I knew He has heard my heart and He is going to bless us at just the right time. It may have been extremely painful to hear that my brother and sister-in-law, who have 3 perfectly healthy children are going to try for 1 more after all I've been through this year.

God is sooooo GOOD!

So, I've been standing on this promise! Praying that God would just have His way. I've completely given this to Him....knowing that none of it is in my hands anyway.

This morning, Jake came in and said, "Listen to this!" It was a voice message from a complete stranger. It said, "You don't know me but a friend of yours gave me your name and number told me to be in prayer for you to conceive a child. I want you to know that I've prayed for you and asked God to show me what to pray for you about. He said to tell you that you will conceive VERY soon. I've not seen your friend since. But, I wanted to let you know that I have prayed and God has heard." We later found out that this man came as a guest speaker during a baby dedication and has prayed for many couples who have trouble conceiving...and many have been success stories of God's miracle hand at work!

Again, WOW! Really? All I can say is the God we serve is absolutely awesome! What was promised to us a month ago has now been confirmed by a complete and total stranger. As I sit here today I am completely overwhelmed with joy because I know what is coming. What God says He will do--- will absolutely happen!

What a joyous day it will be when I can tell all of my family and friends that I am expecting. I have faith that the day will happen SOON! Thank you, Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment