Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Sunday, June 27, 2010

...and He came to my rescue...

All week long I've been struggling with "life" in general. It's been a tough week to say the least.

I got a new mP3 player in the mail and I began downloading music from my computer. As I was going through this long process of downloading, I came across a song. I hadn't heard this song in at least a year, probably longer. As I listened to this song it totally spoke to my heart. I realized what I needed was RESCUED and the only person who could do the kind of rescuing that I needed was God. So, all week I saturated myself with this worship song...it was the only thing giving me peace!!

I got up this morning and fixed breakfast...got ready for church and as I was ironing my dress I decided to listen to that song one more time before I left...I just needed "rescued" again before I left for church...(I know weird..right?)

I got to church feeling o.k. The worship team began singing songs...during one song in particular I leaned over to Jake and said, "I'm not liking this song." He just shrugged.

The preacher got up and took offering. And as the music began playing I soon realized it was this song that I stumbled across by accident. This song that I haven't heard our worship team sing in I don't even know how long. Call it a coincidence if you will...I call it GOD!! I think it was totally for me at that exact time. He knew ecactly what I needed! They could have sang a million other songs...but they chose this one. WOW!!

It's amazing how God works. He is so awesome! Believe it or not, our sermon today was about "PEACE." And how we need to find peace before we fall to "pieces." Amazing! How I needed to hear that. I seriously thought I was on the verge of falling to pieces...But He came to my rescue!! "There is no need to worry about tomorrow." Pastor said at one point. And I thought to myself...EXACTLY! Why am I worried about anything? God has everything in control!! That's the great thing about being a Christian!! Someone better than us guiding our footsteps!

Life is not always easy...but faith makes it possible!!

So, I'm going to leave you with the lyrics to this song! It's short but the words say so much!! If you haven't listened to it, you need to. :)

This is my prayer...
In my life...be lifted high
In my world...be lifted high
In my love...be lifted high


Hillsong United

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life
I place in your hands
God of Mercy
Humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where you are

In my life be lifted high
In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

2 comments:

  1. Krista, that's beautiful! Thanks for posting it...you blessed my day! God bless you, Jake, and Halle!!! :):)

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. k...tears....I love who you are in HIM!!! You my beautiful daughter are exactly who I want you to be in HIM...and I think He is pretty proud too! Bustin at the seams with pride...mom

    ReplyDelete