Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Friday, June 25, 2010

And THAT is life...

I've had a rough day...and I think the only thing that is going to make me feel better is to blog about it...

My day started out as usual. Me and Halle got ready, went to Wal-Mart, picked up my pictures from Emily and I tried to drop off Halle with my brother so I could go to the funeral home. Halle didn't want to stay so I just took her with me. The funeral was awful!! I saw classmates that I hadn't seen in years. They were the people who were close to Jason throughout school and probably still were. I speculate that some of them may not be on the right path in life. My heart literally breaks when I think about the lives they are leading. I talked with Jason's sister. She told me that his church he attended was sending him into rehab on Monday. Why, God? I just don't understand. I walked out an emotional wreck. It was unreal to see someone 28 years old (my age) laying in a casket. But, that is life...right? We have a day to be born and a day to die. But, why...God? Why so soon?

So, I leave with an even heavier heart than I walked in. I got a call from my A/C guy who was bringing a part to fix my unit. He said he'd be by sometime after lunch. I had a few errands to run first. On my way I get pulled over by a cop. Who, just for fun decides to run my license plates...only to discover they are to a truck? Mind you, I'm in a rental car...totally not mine! Halle is hungry and tired and crying...Any mom knows how nerve wracking it is to have a crying baby in the car. He called Enterprise told me I should go down and trade out cars. So, I go down there..still with a tired, hungry little girl...and I wait and wait and wait! Finally, my turn...I was told...we don't have any cars on the lot right now. Come back later. AHHHH!! But, that is life...right?

Let me back up...My car went into the shop on May 26. Tomorrow marks June 26! The warranty company will only pay for TWO days of rental car. Because it is only a 9 hour labor job! It's been in there an entire month!!!! BUT, that is life...right?

My A/C guy shows up...he's here awhile. My husband sent me a text asking about it. I said..."It's been awhile and it isn't up and running...I have a bad feeling." Well, rightly so...$1100...and we have to get a new furnace. Now mind you, I get an extra check in the summer for logging hours throughout the school year. It will be close to $1,000. I'm very thankful to be getting that. But, I had plans for that money!! It makes me soooo sad it will be spent on an A/C. But, that is life...right?

I just don't understand how some people ALWAYS come out ahead...no matter what...they get what they want and they don't care who they screw in the process. I just don't get it...I don't wish bad things on people. But, I think that when you do things dishonestly...when you lie...and cheat and steal from people...you shouldn't EVER come out ahead.


AND THAT, MY FRIEND, IS LIFE!!

3 comments:

  1. Following you from your facebook posting;

    Sounds like things went from bad to worse. So sorry about your class mate, nothing is sadder than the loss of a life too soon. I attended the funeral of a young man from your area a few weeks ago, same age, same circumstances, I left the funeral home with a heavy heart and prayers for those left behind.

    As far as those, who seem to get away without paying the price for their wrong deeds, I suggest Psalm 37. We are assured that God sees their actions and they will be punished, if they fail to repent.

    I have enjoyed your blog postings. It's nice to see what happening in friends' lives. I am trying to become a follower, but it's not letting me for some reason. Jess will be here in the morning, she'll figure it out.

    By the way, love the picture of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand everything you are saying. I'm sorry you had such a rotten day. I'm so sorry about your classmate, I don't recognize the name but I'm sure it must be really tough for everyone. I attended a funeral last year for a 6 year old and 8 year old boys that were brothers and I had a "Why God" moment too. But you said it right, that's life.

    I'm loving your posts. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad when you join a site and in one week forgot how to get into that site...ARRRGHHH! One of the blessings of getting OLD! Nice to see Cindy and Jessica...love them! As far as your blog... And that my friend is life! People are too caught up in their own little lives to see how big life really is. I assure you that God sees and God knows ALL! I believe that some people see themselves and all their little things as HUGE...when life is so much bigger. I do believe that at times people may APPEAR to be getting ahead by hook and crook....but I know God...and let me leave it at that. They also seem to never see the wrong they committ and BLAME others for anything and everything. They don't know how to say...I'm sorry or thank you....I would say this is because they were not taught those things as a child. I've known a few of these people in my life...and you do reap what you sow. I believe the important lesson from your horrible day is certainly ..That my friend is life! We do not have answers, but we trust God in all things. Life may appear to be hard on some and easy for others...just remember this life is so fleeting and if we truly store up our treasures in heaven, then that is where it will all make sense. Live humbly...be respectful...say I'm sorry...say thank you and truly appreciate the gifts of people that God places in your life. I am very proud of who you are...I can't say I've seen you step on people in your journey through life. Maybe I can credit your upbringing~!!!

    ReplyDelete