Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Trying This Out...Parenting 101

This is officially my first blog. I'm just going to try this out and see how I like it. We'll see!

So far this summer I have watched Dora the Explorer, Barney and Kate Plus 8 over and over and OVER!! I'm about to go insane. There is only so much that I can take. I'm one of those terrible moms who allows her child to watch T.V. all day long!! I can get things done when she is entertained!! My child is going to be the one that has no "creativeness" when it comes time to go to school. YIKES!! Maybe I need to take a step back and reevaluate my parenting skills.

We are currently in the "potty-training" stage. I have to say I am rather proud of my little girl! She picked up on it quick and is doing rather well! Unfortunately, we had a little issue yesterday (thank God my husband was home) and another issue today (all by myself) with pooping in the underwear. You know, as I was trying my hardest to get the poopy underwear off of her and not getting any on my hands the thought crossed my mind..."Nobody prepared me for Poopy underwear!" I didn't know what to do. Do I throw them away? Heck no!! Too expensive. How do I wash them out? In the sink...ugh...or better yet...in the toilet? YUCK!! So, I resulted to sloshing them in the toilet the first time. I'm pretty sure I remember my Grandma Pat always doing that. Ha ha!! But, then today I was by myself. I took her to the utility room where I have a wash sink. I carefully rolled them down, making sure nothing touched her or myself. And then she flung her leg and kicked them off in the floor. I freaked a little...And instead of cleaning them in the toilet this time...I chose to use the garden hose outside. Ha ha...I'm sure my neighbors got a kick out of watching me hose my daughter's poopy undies out on the front lawn!! You know, I was totally ready for disgusting diapers! However, poopy underwear is a different story!

I'm thinking it's time for me to turn Barney off and get my Hal-bug ready for bed!!

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I was the same way when Alexis pooped in her underwear. It's so disgusting!!!

    ReplyDelete