Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sticks and Stones may break my bones...

It is very hard for me to find the right words to say today. Bear with me as I try to express my feelings today. Ha Ha...

To start off today's blog I must tell you that I love my family with all my heart. And it is my prayer that EVERY single one of them will find the "peace" that I spoke about earlier in the week.

There are a lot of words that come to mind when I think of my Grandma Pat. The first word that comes to mind is GIVING. I think anybody who knows her would agree that she is the most giving person in the world. I promise you, if she only had $20 to her name and she thought one of her kids/grandkids needed it she would make sure they got it. Her kids and grandkids do not go without. I always remember going to her house and NEVER being able to walk away without her slipping money in my purse. And I think ALL of my cousins can agree she does it with them too! Her Love Language is most definitely "Acts of Service." That is how she demonstrates her love to others.

With that being said, she has been under a lot of stress lately due to the illness of my great grandmother. It has come to the point that she can not be left alone anymore. She forgets things and although seemingly healthy , her cancer is now back. I realize that this kind of stress can cause families to act out of the ordinary. However, in no way does it excuse the way that some of her so-called "family" is treating her. Terrible things have been said to her...things that can not be taken back. Things that literally hurts my heart to even hear. It is so hard to watch someone you love so much...get hurt! It hurts me. I take it to heart. This is MY grandma and I'm pretty sure I could take on anybody who tries to hurt her!! :)

I am reminded of something I used to say as a kid, "Sticks and stones may break my bones...but words can never hurt me." Really? How absurd is that? Sure, it hurts to break a bone...but, bones heal...Words on the other hand are forever embedded in your mind...they cut like a knife...it is very hard to forget words...They MOST definitely hurt you!!

A good friend of mine sent me this scripture today...it was so much needed at the exact time it was sent. So, I'm going to share it with you.

"...For we have no power against this great multitude coming against us; nor do we know what to do, But our eyes are upon You...Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel...thus says the Lord to you: "Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of the great multitude for the battle is not yours, but God's...You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of Lord, who is with you.

2 Chronicles 20:12-17

We are not going to fight this battle!!

Please be in prayer with me for PEACE for my family during this difficult time.

I'm so hoping my next blog will be light and free!! LOL!! I'm tired of all this heartache!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! :) God does, indeed, fight our battles for us when we give them to Him.

    "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

    ReplyDelete