Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Family Tradition

I have to say that the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. I'm not really sure why. As a teacher it marks the halfway point of my summer vacation...which means it is all down hill from here...YIKES!! I guess I love it so much because I enjoy spending time with my family. BBQ, yard games, swimming, fireworks, and a whole lot of sibling competition...what more could you ask for? Well, this year is different. I was talking to my sister-in-law, Amber yesterday and I said, "I'm just sad this year." See, my parents decided to go on vacation this year over the 4th. Which means two things for me. One, no 4th of July celebration at their house...:( and TWO, I get their 3 dogs...(YAY, me!! Unfortunately I am the only kid with a fenced in yard! WOO-HOO!!)

I would consider my family very traditional. You never have to ask where we will spend each holiday. I know that the Saturday before Christmas will ALWAYS be spent with my Aunt Linda. I also know that Christmas Eve will be spent at my parents house...Easter we have lunch at my Grandma's house...and so on!! 4th of July is ALWAYS at my parents house...EVERYONE comes out and we have a great time!! Not this year...But, I'm a big girl and I'm going to try not to pout about it. Ha ha...

I am very glad that Mom and Dad get to go on vacation. They are in Williamsburg. On the agenda that I know of...Washington D.C. & Virginia Beach. I'm sure there is more too. They will have a great time. Funny thing is...when they go away...they aren't like normal people. (Check the mail...feed the cat, etc.) No, they spent the whole evening before delivering dogs, a duck, and duck eggs.(Yes, I said DUCKS!!) They have a MASSIVE garden that has to be watered and three cats to be taken care of.

I'm determined to have a HAPPY 4th of July this year and I hope everybody else does too. We'll be spending this year at our house with all of the Wilson's. Should be a lot of fun..:)

I guess I better get off here and start preparing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment