Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Terrbile, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...:)

I know the Elementary teachers out there saw the title and recognized it as a book that we read to our students. I always read this book to my class. It is about a boy name Alexander and he has a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Mostly because he has to go to the dentist and he doesn't get a toy in his cereal box. But, to a kid that is an awful day!!

I kind of had one of those days. I would just call it a "No Good" day though...I had been anticipating all weekend taking my stupid car back into Scism. Every time I thought about it I got this sick feeling in my stomach. My mom called it a "God" thing. And she might be right. But, I didn't like how they treated us at Scism and eventhough I truly feel they messed something up I hated the thought of taking it back to the people who had it for 8 weeks!! So, I called "James", with that sick feeling in my stomach, and he says, "We can't look at it until tomorrow. All of our techs are at a class in St. Louis." I wanted to say, "GOOD that is exactly where they need to be!" But, I refrained myself.

Immediately I got mad...really mad...I felt like they should make my car a priority...when I get that mad I usually cry. If you know me at all..you know I am NOT a "cryer." There are very few things that can make me cry. Too much stress is a definite crying moment...but it takes a lot! :) My husband...he can push the crying button...but not often...And being in the presence of the Lord...that gets me everytime. :)

Anyway, I got off the phone and called my Warranty guy, Justin. He has been very helpful. He told me that if it is a warranty issue (which most likely it will be...because Scism isn't going to take responsibility for anything) he will not be able to deal with Scism. Whew...that was a relief. I didn't want to take it there anyway but he just reassured me that unless we wanted to pay out of pocket it would be better if we took it somewhere else.

So, I got on the phone with a mechanic that was recommended to us. I told them that my brother-in-law said they were very honest and did good work...and do you know what the lady said? "God bless your brother-in-law" Ah! What a sign of relief! She blessed my B.I.L.!

I decided I needed to go do some "retail therapy." Unfortunately, my shopping buddy (mom) was at the hospital with her dad. My grandma called and said her and my cousin were going to the city to pick out a stroller/car seat for baby Jozlyn. So, I tagged along...me and the brat...I mean, Halle! :) But first I had to drop my car off at this mechanic. So, as I was trying to get Halle's car seat out of Dad's car (God bless my dad for letting me use his car) I locked the keys into it...with her seat. Which I needed out in order to leave my house in my broken car. About 40 minutes later, I was rescued by my dad and we were on our way...Finally!

Halle was good in the car. But, terrible everywhere else! Seriously I've never seen her act like she did in those stores. We only went to Target and Babies R Us. It was awful...she wanted out of the cart and preceeded to go through the clothes saying, "This is cute..I like this one." I know, it sounds cute but when you are on a mission and have your own agenda...it is not cute at all!! Poor Grandma and Amy.

That was my day. See, it wasn't too bad. :)

I guess Jake could tell it wasn't a good day because he actually helped me with the dishes lastnight. Bless that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment