Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hanging by a moment

Today has been a rough day...

My mother-in-law called this morning and told me that Grandma Wilson was not responding and they had made the decision to stop her pacemaker.

We went to see her last night. She was sitting up and talking. She told of us of her visions she had of a naked man running around in a field.:) Aunt Barbara, Grandma's sister, has been staying with her since she found out the cancer was back. Barbara was telling me a story, a few feet away and very quietly, about how Grandma said she didn't have any underwear. Grandma overheard Aunt Barbara telling me this and she said, "You can borrow mine if you want...I won't be needing them." :) She was a funny lady. Someone who ALWAYS spoke her mind...and I loved her for it. She was kind, honest and loving. She was a real Grandma. The kind of Grandma that picks up her grandkids 70 miles away and keeps them ALL weekend. The kind of Grandma that raises her grandchildren. She loved all of her grandchildren. But, I think there was a special place in her heart for Jake. Jake went to live with her around the age of 12. I know this is especially hard on him.

Today was just surreal to me. I have never witnessed someone slipping into the "other life." It was exactly how I think she would have wanted it. She was surrounded by her grandchildren. Everybody that she loved was right by her side. It was painful and there were lots of tears. Halle asked me, "Why are you sad, Momma?" I told her that Grandma was sick. She suggested to get a doctor. Children are so cute. But, I explained that Grandma was going to live with Jesus. I think they understand more than we think.

Through all the pain that we feel now...it is amazing to know that she is dancing in heaven with NO polio! She doesn't have that nasty colostomy bag! She can breathe on her own with no machines. She is with Grandpa Wilson and better yet she is with Jesus!! I can't imagine all of the sights she is seeing now!! It is so awesome that we have the promise of heaven. A place that I can not even fathom!! We have the promise of seeing Grandma again!!

Please keep the Wilson family in your thoughts and prayers. Life will not be the same without Grandma Wilson.

And still..

Fighting the fight until I see His face...

No comments:

Post a Comment