Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Potty Training Saga

I hate to admit failure anytime. But, I especially hate to admit failure with Halle. This potty training thing was a cinch...the first six weeks! I wasn't afraid to go anywhere without a diaper. We went to the Zoo and Six Flags diaper free!! Literally she was accident free for six weeks straight. Now we are back to our old ways. She wakes up wet again...where before she woke up dry for six weeks solid. She does o.k. with the #2, which is great for me! But, the trouble is the wetting. It's like she gets so busy with what she is doing and forgets to tell me.

I need suggestions. I know there are a lot of parents who read my blogs. If you have any suggestions, hints, tricks...whatever it takes...I'm all ears!!

I'm so ready to pay less at daycare. That was my summertime goal!! $40 less a month...plus no diaper expense!!

2 comments:

  1. Try a potty box. Every time she goes on the potty she gets to pick one thing out of the potty box. Keep it next to the potty and let her check it out after you fill it with goodies. Ours was filled with M&M's, little bags of cookies, Hot Wheels, new toothbrushes, and even a pacifier. (I know the pacifier was not a good choice to put in there, but he loves em!) Anyways, simple, cheap things that she would like, then when she uses the potty she can pick ONE item from the box. This worked so well with Kale. In fact we went to Kohls the other day and walked by the shoe dept. and Kale yelled "poopy box"!
    With Mayci we used a sticker chart. I decorated a paper plate that said, "Mayci's Potty Chart" and every time she went on the potty she got a sticker. When she wet in her pull up she had to pick a sticker to pull off the chart and put in the trash. I used cute fun stickers that Mayci really liked and this worked for her. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some great advise for you, but I don't. Lilah is doing pretty good with her potty training but she still has an occasional accident now and then. Lily was 3 before she was completely potty trained. It really comes down to they just have to want to do it. Keep at it she will get it! Hopefully this is just a little bit of regression and she will be back on track in no time!

    ReplyDelete