Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, April 11, 2011

Bittersweet

Today has been a day filled with mixed emotions. It started this morning with a text from my sister-in-law, Amber. Amber's grandmother has not been in great health for awhile now. The family was told that she wouldn't make it much longer. (I tried very hard to keep it together in my classroom full of kids) ******************************************************************************************** Gigi is loved by everyone!! She has this smile that can light up a room! She has so much love in her heart for her husband, children, grandchildren, great grandchildren...and extended family (that's me!) We were all close to GiGi. She was funny and made me laugh every time I was around her...which was quite a bit!! But, I think the best quality she had was that she loved Jesus and shared Him with everyone she loved!! This afternoon I got a phone call from my other sister-in-law, Sarah Wilson. She and Jason were on their way to Children's hospital with their baby, Jonah. Please keep him in your prayers. He has down syndrome and is experiencing some health issues. She needed me to take Riley home with me. After I got off the phone with Sarah, Amber texted me back to see if I could take her three kids home with me so she could go be with her grandma. Aunt Krista GLADLY took all the nieces and nephews home!! I love those kiddos!! ************************************************************************************* Jake and I were sitting down eating dinner. I had just told him that I was waiting on a text from a coworker and that I was so excited to find out if she was hired as a TEACHER next year. I could tell it went in one ear and out the other...you know how you can tell that? Anyway, I got the text and she told me she got hired! I literally screamed! Jumped out of my seat in excitement! Jake thought I was absolutely nuts...as a matter of fact he said..."You are nuts!" But, I was so excited for her! It's been a long time coming!! :) She is such a great person! So deserving of a teaching position! ***************************************************************************************** Literally 2 minutes later I got this text from Amber, "She's with Jesus." I went from rejoicing for my friend...to rejoicing for GiGi. It is so hard to let go of people we love. But, when they have that faith in Christ we know that they are so much better off. She is not suffering anymore. She is sitting at the feet of our maker! What a wonderful image!! We tend to be selfish because we want our loved ones to be with us on Earth. But, I told Amber instead of being selfish we can just be "jealous." Because she is ultimately where we all hope to end up! We love you GiGi!! Jake and I absolutely adored you! I will keep you forever in my heart until we meet again...:) Please be in prayer for the entire Carr family!!

1 comment:

  1. What a day full of emotions. Sounds like you handled it all really well. Kudos for being "THE AUNT" that handled it all today. ~ Lanette Kunz

    ReplyDelete