Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Would you like to make a donation?"

I am guessing that I will probably offend somebody by my blog today. But, I have a few things I need to get off my chest. Yesterday, I was walking into Wal-Mart and I noticed for the millionth time somebody standing outside collecting money for their organization. I may be out of line by saying this but I find this to be extremely annoying! I was just talking to some of my coworkers the other day about finances. We all agreed that too much of our money is spent at Wal-Mart...as I'm sure most people do! So, why is it that these organizations feel the need to stand outside the money pit itself and beg us for more money? I realize that organizations need money. But, isn't there a better way to fundraise? Sell candy bars, cookies, candles...have a bake sale. We hear ALL the time that we are seeing some of the worst economic times. Gas prices are out of control. The cost of everything is going up. People are having a hard enough time making ends meet. They don't need to feel guilt because they have to say no as they walk out the door of Wal-Mart. Humph....Just my thoughts!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel guilty at all, I just say No and walk right on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say No and walk right by....but I have to admit that I do feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete