Fall Family

Fall Family
The Wilson's

Monday, April 18, 2011

Faith Shaken

I've always heard the sayings that, "God doesn't give us more than we can handle" and that "He puts us in situations to help us grow" and "When he closes one door he opens another (er, a window?") Something like that! Anyway, I feel that God is really dealing with me in my spiritual walk right now. As a matter of fact, He is dealing with both Jake and me. It's sad to admit this but for the first time in my life I am digging deeper in the word. I want to know truth! I need answers for myself. I don't want to know what the preacher on T.V. has to say...I don't want his opinions on what he thinks the scripture means. As a matter of fact I don't really want to know "opinions" from anybody. I just want TRUTH! I am seeking truth! All my life I have been taught one way. Just as Mormons, Jehovah Witness', Catholics, Muslims...and so on. They all believe they are right...just as I do. So, what is the answer? I am bound and determined to figure it out. Jake came in a minute ago and asked, "Have you figured it out yet?" All I know is there is one answer and that is JESUS! ***************************************************************************************** How in the world can so many "Christians" choose to believe one part of the Bible and then throw out the other? AND there is always a justification to back it up. "Oh, well that went out with the apostles." Really? This is exactly why we have so many different denominations. Everybody wants that "perfect fit." Some place they can feel comfortable in. Some place where they won't be offended. We have got to quit worrying about who we are going to offend...and speak TRUTH! ***************************************************************************************** I believe that God's word is the truth. It just amazes me how people can twist and manipulate scriptures to make them say what they want them to say. It's plain and simple!****************************************************************************************** So, I started my digging in Romans. I came across a few scriptures that I really liked dealing with sin. Romans 6:16-Don't you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. Romans 8:6-8-Letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But, letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace....8-That's why those who are still under control of their sinful nature can never please God. WE all sin. Nobody is perfect. The Bible says in Romans 3:23- ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. But, are we still worthy of God's salvation? Are we still worthy of making it to heaven? ABSOLUTELY! Salvation is for everybody! Repent and you shall be saved! Romans 8:28- And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:31-If God is for us, who can be against us? ******************************************************************************************** I know that what I am going through is all part of God's plan for my life. He will see me through this and I have no doubt that he will reveal His truth to me. AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krista,

    Have not talked to any of you even your brother for a while so I am not real sure why I even clicked your blog. Glad I did though. I am going to try and keep this short and sweet and encouraging. God is AWESOME, that is all I have to say. He has taken my wife and I on a whirlwind and just when I think he is not going to provide he changes things up and does. God has sold our house, God has moved us to New Orleans a very lost city to try and see people's lives changed with the gospel of Christ. I have rattled off Romans 8:28 so many times in this three months without my wife and son I feel like it has really got me though. Anytime the enemy came knocking on the door to try and break up what God is doing I would be reminded of James 4:7 Humble yourselves before God, resist the Devil and he will flee from you. I am glad you see things the way God wants us to see them. It is not about Baptist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, or any other denomination it is about HIM!! It can get confusing with all of the press about what HIM means (Thank you Rob Bell ). Does it mean everyone? does everyone's heart melt at the sight of Jesus in the afterlife and we are all caught into heaven just like Bell says in his book? It would take forever to explain why NO but it is NO. Jesus is the only way, if you followed something else or a different Jesus you will not be with God for eternity, we can't make God who we want him to be only who he is and revealed as in scripture. Jesus is the only way, and the acceptance of what he did on the cross and that he rose defeating death is the only way to salvation. It you don't believe that then as harsh as it seems Hell awaits. I think more people need to see this truth and not be scared of the truth. Hell does show wrath which is not popular but is shows love too. For those who choose to be away from God, they will get their wish and God loves them enough to give us free will. We must not be afraid to offend non-believers and believers for that matter or they will never come to full repentance. 1 Cor.1:18 (for the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing but to those of us that are saved it is the power of God) It is about Jesus, the cross, the resurrection, and the Spirit that convicts us to a true relationship with our father. Once we accept this relationship he sometimes has to chisel us into his likeness using things that seem like trials to us. James says, Brothers be thankful for trials of every kind, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. Thanks for posting, I am praying for you and your family. Tell Alan I said, HI! His friend that was scared of the Holy Spirit at one time is now studying and training to be a church planter in New Orleans. Funny how God works :)

    ReplyDelete